[Ndn-interest] Question about unsatisfied Interests

Marc.Mosko at parc.com Marc.Mosko at parc.com
Wed Oct 15 08:33:42 PDT 2014

So there is a field in the content object that distinguishes if it is fresh or not?  I thought there was only the FreshnessPeriod, which is a relative number from the time received and a remote node cannot determine if a content object was fresh or not when it came out of the content store.

Example:

A — B — C
D -/

Node A sends a normal (staled allowed) interest to B, who forwards it to C.  Just a bit later, node D issues a “MustBeFresh” interest for the same name.  Node B sees that they are different requests, so forwards the second interest to C also.

Node C replies to the first interest with a stale content object.  How can node B know  that the content object should only go to A and not to D?

Marc