[Ndn-interest] NLSR dissemination of FIB updates

A K M Mahmudul Hoque (ahoque1) ahoque1 at memphis.edu
Tue Aug 5 06:50:24 PDT 2014

From: Lan Wang (lanwang)
Sent: Tuesday, August 5, 2014 8:31 AM
To: Salvatore Signorello
Cc: ndn-interest at lists.cs.ucla.edu; A K M Mahmudul  Hoque (ahoque1)
Subject: Re: [Ndn-interest] NLSR dissemination of FIB updates

Salvatore,

nfdc changes routes in the local RIB and FIB only (you can think of these routes as static routes in the IP forwarding table).  It is not designed for advertising routes to other routers.  For that, you need to use a routing protocol (e.g., NLSR).

Hoque can answer your other question:
 - as option for launching the nlsr daemon they provide '-p' to specify
> the "port where api client will connect" (nlsr's usage output). I looked
> at the code, but I'm not able to find out if they've already
> implemented/used this functionality. Could you please provide me any
> hint about its aim/meaning?

--- It will be implemented in future. The aim of this one to tell NLSR to advertise prefix,
--- or even adding neighbors without taking down NLSR. Not only that this API can be
--- used to remove old prefixes link that are no longer valid. The objective is to do those
--- things without taking shutting down NLSR

Lan