[Mini-NDN] More Server/Client Questions

Jhaell Jimenez jimenj16 at unlv.nevada.edu
Fri Apr 1 18:28:03 PDT 2022

Hello teams,

After further research into /example/python_generator.py, I have a few
questions to ask about it.

All of the traffic generated from the server and client are interest
packets, but what are the methods to send actual files from the server to
the client (or vice versa). Are there commands to send files from one node
to another? Please let me know.

Also, on lines 97 and 98 on the same python file, why are we passing in the
server node into both "copyExistentFile" function calls? Shouldn't the
second function call pass in the client variable since we are also passing
in the clientConf?

copyExistentFile(server, possibleServerConfPath, serverConf)
copyExistentFile(server, possibleClientConfPath, clientConf)

Thank you all!

Regards,
J.