[Mini-NDN] Mini-NDN dependency issue on Ubuntu 18.04

Saurab Dulal (sdulal) sdulal at memphis.edu
Sun Aug 15 13:08:36 PDT 2021

Hi Junxiao,

Thank you for listing out these problems.

Taking into consideration the fact that Mini-NDN is based on mininet and Mini-NDN-Wifi is based on Mininet-Wifi, yes, I agree that Mininet-Wifi should be an optional dependency. We will have some discussion in the coming days and will work to make the necessary changes asap.

Please help us review this patch: https://gerrit.named-data.net/c/mini-ndn/+/6426, it is supposed to fix the last two issues you have noted (hopefully the first one as well) and some other issues too.

Additionally, you can try this box https://app.vagrantup.com/ashiq/boxes/minindn, it comes with Mini-NDN pre-installed.

Thank you

Saurab