[Mini-NDN] Logging module for PIT and FIB

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Mon Nov 27 16:07:41 PST 2017

Hi Aman

The place to insert your timing statements is in fib.cpp and pit.cpp.
Siham (CC'ed) did a similar measurement recently, and she might be able to
help you if needed.

NFD's PIT and FIB are on the same data structure called "name tree". See
NFD developer guide for the rationale of doing so.
Being on the same data structure means you cannot measure their performance
separately. You will generally see one table has a significant lookup time,
and the other table is two orders of magnitude faster.

Yours, Junxiao