[Mini-NDN] Not getting HIT scenario on CS for multiple interests with same name.

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Fri Nov 24 06:35:49 PST 2017

Hi Aman

I am trying to see if I request 2 interest packets with the same name back
> to back, the second interest should be satisfied at the requesting node
> itself.

Yes, but only if the cached Data satisfies the Interest selectors.

> *Steps followed :*
> > sudo minindn
> mini-ndn> d ndnpingserver /ndn/d-site/d &
> mini-ndn> a ndnping /ndn/d-site/d -c1 -n 55555

ndnpingserver is invoked with default settings: FreshnessPeriod of the Data
packet is 1000ms.

> *host A get the contents back . with RTT 45ms apprx.*
> cs::Insert() adds the content to the CS.

According to screenshot, this occurs at 1511480463.948688.

> Now I immediately execute the same request again, keeping sequence number
> same.
>  mini-ndn> a ndnpin /ndn/d-site/d -c1 -n 55555

 ndnping is invoked with default settings: Interest carries MustBeFresh
selector.

Now I see in Content store log, the cs::Find() does not finds entry in CS.
> (I believe it should be already there)

The cached Data has become stale at 1511480464.948688. When processing the
Interest at 1511480467.711965, the Data does not satisfy the Interest
because it violates MustBeFresh selector. Hence, the CS rightfully returns
"no-match".

> The packet goes all the way to host D, and again *when data packet is
> returned to host A, cs::insert() is called on host A*.
>
> *Expected outcome*.
> second interest should be satisfied by cs::Find() at host A itself with
> very small RTT.
>
> Attaching log screenshot.
>
> [image: Inline image 1]

Next time paste the log as text, not screenshot or attachment.