[Mini-NDN] {Disarmed} Re: Consumer is not receiving the data (MiniNdn)

Vince Lehman (vslehman) vslehman at memphis.edu
Tue Mar 1 07:58:40 PST 2016

1.- How can I use MiniNdn to collect  data traffic for each and between nodes?
For example, I would like to collect data traffic for the forwarder, like which face has received the interest or data and when?

If you would like to log forwarder information on a node, you can add an additional parameter to its definition in the topology configuration file:

[nodes]
a: _ nfd-log-level=DEBUG

The log will be written to the node’s home folder (by default, /tmp/$NODE_NAME).

2.- To register static routes from a ExperimentClass, could MiniNdn  use the host.name<http://host.name/> instead of IP addresses?
      for example:
                     self.net<http://self.net/>['p'].cmd("nfdc register /ndn/edu/store1 tcp://MailScanner warning: numerical links are often malicious: 1.0.0.3:6363<http://1.0.0.3:6363/> &")

In the current version of Mini-NDN, using the IP address is the standard way to achieve static routes. In the future, we would like to provide a static routing helper that would allow a user to call something like:

Nfdc.register(self.net<http://self.net>[‘p’], “/ndn/edu/store1”, dstNode)

--
Vince Lehman