[Mini-NDN] NLSR has not converged - Issue while running minindn

Rajendran Jeeva rajendrj at tcd.ie
Tue Jun 14 12:48:39 PDT 2016

Hi Ashlesh,

Thank you for sorting out the problem.

I am using Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.

Yeah. 'nfd-status' was not working even outside the mini-ndn folder  (seems
like nfd-start and stop were working, I even got 'NFD already running'
message when i triggered nfd-start multiple times)

When i tried checking out the above patch in NFD folder there was 'fatal:
reference not in tree' issue. So, i removed '--depth 1' part from git clone
of NFD in install.sh of mini-ndn and reinstalled it

I checked out the above patch as well and ran waf configuration and
installation

Then i executed both 'nfd-status' and pingall experiment and both got
executed successfully with the convergence time of 120 instead of 60. Thank
you so much for the help.

I just have one more query. When I executed the command 'sudo minindn
--experiment=pingall --ctime 120 --nPings=50' and checked ping-data , it
showed count for only few files . Is this expected ?

rajendrj at Jeeva:~$ grep -c content /tmp/*/ping-data/*.txt
/tmp/a/ping-data/b.txt:243
/tmp/a/ping-data/c.txt:0
/tmp/a/ping-data/d.txt:0
/tmp/b/ping-data/a.txt:0