[Nfd-dev] [EXT] NDN Name Tree Implementation

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Thu Feb 24 09:31:40 PST 2022

Hi Suravi

Are you looking toward the algorithm side of things or a visualization?

If you need the algorithms, see NDN-Lite name-tree.h
<https://github.com/named-data-iot/ndn-lite/blob/3e6e9dde0d7660202aa744355e6d723f4a4e6de0/forwarder/name-tree.h>
and
python-ndn NameTree
<https://github.com/named-data/python-ndn/blob/e314853af5d0751fce7274be0decfa91acc5e548/src/ndn/name_tree.py>
.

For visualization, I have a webapp that passively captures real-time
network traffic and displays the observed name structure, see video demo
<https://youtu.be/6t2y_-8asiw>.
I haven't maintained this codebase for a few years so that it may not work
right now.
If this is what you are looking for, I can fix it up so that it runs on the
current version.

3/ I had long proposed to support such functions, by having each node keep
a piece of metadata for the immediate children's names.

This is tracked as Feature 4666 namespace catalog protocol
<https://redmine.named-data.net/issues/4666>.
The visualization demo above is passive, while this protocol allows
enumerating the namespace by actively querying producers and possibly
routers.
It's natural for file servers and data repositories to support such
features: ndn-hydra files query
<https://ndn-hydra.readthedocs.io/src/specification/client.html#queries> and
ndn6-file-server directory listing
<https://github.com/yoursunny/ndn6-tools/blob/dfabc3585e37111240f6041c8417149767c6d0c4/file-server.md>
are
custom protocols that provide similar functionality.

Yours, Junxiao