[Nfd-dev] [EXT]nfd-nightly version info

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Fri Nov 19 10:57:00 PST 2021

Hi Tianyuan

Packages published on https://nfd-nightly.ndn.today/ start with upstream
version number as created by ./waf version command.
It is the same version across all distros.
In the given example 0.7.1-53-g*47a94d10*-nightly~focal, the git commit
hash is 47a94d10.

Sometimes you would see multiple substrings that look like commit hash.
The first one is the source package version, while subsequent ones refer to
its main dependencies.
For example, the nfd package has this version: 0.7.1-37-g*f28a061c*
-nightly~ndncxx0.7.1.52.g*8c1c5b18*~buster
It refers to NFD commit f28a061c and ndn-cxx commit 8c1c5b18,

ndn-cxx version is included as part of NFD version because ndn-cxx does not
have a stable ABI.
Therefore, each rebuild of ndn-cxx requires a corresponding rebuild and
upgrade of NFD, or you'll run into runtime symbol errors.

Yours, Junxiao