[Nfd-dev] [EXT]Re: Try NDNCERT (based on Interest-Data exchange) and get an NDN certificate today

Zhiyi Zhang zhiyi at cs.ucla.edu
Thu Feb 18 21:25:39 PST 2021

No. It has nothing to do with IP.
Since in NDNCERT, the certificate is named with the hierarchy, the
certificate is also under the prefix of CA.
This allows certificate fetch when it's a new certificate issued (thus the
requester's prefix has not been registered).
I know this cannot guarantee the Interest can reach the CA considering the
long prefix match and other scenarios like renew.
That's why in the original NDNCERT design, I also designed a download step
with the name: /CA-prefix/CA/download/request-id to get the certificate
back.
This avoids the complexity of handling NLSR.

Best,
Zhiyi