[Nfd-dev] Caching Strategies

NAVES Raphael raphael.naves at thalesgroup.com
Thu Nov 12 06:38:58 PST 2020

Dear all,

I am new in the NDN community. I have installed the ndn-cxx and nfd librairies and it works perfectly, so thanks for that.

I am wondering if it is possible to define new caching strategies with available management tools (like nfdc). Indeed, it seems that in the current version, all packets are stored in the CS (when space is available). Is there an option to disable caching at routers? Even further, is it possible for a node to store packets under a specific prefix only? Of course, I suppose that these caching strategies may be implemented in the code but maybe a tool exists.

Best

Raphaël