[Nfd-dev] Signature Verification on NFD for NDN-Packet

Monikrishna Roy roy.monikrishna at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 08:28:30 PST 2020

Hello Folks,

I want to use signature verification for data packet verification. I
used  *#include
<ndn-cxx/security/verification-helpers.**hpp>* header file to do that.

The task I want to do is:

   1. Set signature to data at Producer of NDN
   2. Passing the data to NFD
   3. Check the Signature at NFD-Forwarder on the onIncomingData method.

The problem I am facing is:

   1. When I want to get the public key for data I could not able to get
   the NDN public key.
   2. It's always generating a new public key.

I used the Producer of NDN-CXX to publishing data.

Snippets of the codes:

For the Producer,

for (const auto& data : m_store) {
>     m_keyChain.sign(*data, m_options.signingInfo);
>   }

For NFD-Forwarder,

>   ndn::KeyChain keyChain;
>   auto pubkey = keyChain.getPib().getDefaultIdentity().getDefaultKey();
>   bool res = ndn::security::verifySignature(data, pubkey);

Here, the public key for both keyChain is differents. I need to use the
same public key for both. How can I use the public key of Producer in
NFD-forwarder?

Any suggestions will be very helpful. Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Monikrishna Roy