[Nfd-dev] [EXT] Ndnperf bandwidth

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Sun Jun 28 14:16:39 PDT 2020

Hi Ishita

NDNPerf https://github.com/Kanemochi/ndnperf is slower than TCP because it
lacks congestion control: it sends a fixed window of Interests.
There are newer consumers that have TCP CUBIC-like congestion control
algorithms:
*ndncat*
Install with: npm install -g https://ndnts-nightly.ndn.today/cat.tgz
Instructions: https://github.com/yoursunny/NDNts/tree/master/packages/cat

*ndncatchunks*
Install with: sudo apt install ndnchunks
Instructions: man ndncatchunks

To publish a folder, you can try:
*ndn-python-repo *https://github.com/JonnyKong/ndn-python-repo
You can use putfile.py to turn files into packets, sign the packets, and
load into the repository.
Files are then available for retrieval from the repository service.
Version discovery is not supported.
Directory listing is not supported.

*ndn-mongo-fileserver* https://github.com/chavoosh/ndn-mongo-fileserver
You can use the chunker program to turn files into packets, sign the
packets, and load into the repository.
Files are then available for retrieval from the repository service.
Version discovery is through CanBePrefix+MustBeFresh or RDR protocol.
Directory listing is not supported.

*ndn6-file-server*
https://github.com/yoursunny/ndn6-tools/blob/master/file-server.md
This one is a lightweight file server. It serves over an existing directory
without copying, and performs signing on the fly.
Version discovery is through RDR protocol. Modifying the files while the
server is running could cause unexpected behaviors.
Directory listing is not supported.

Yours, Junxiao