[Nfd-dev] Issue with getting nfd-log

Ishita Dasgupta ishita.dasgupta at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 10:43:34 PDT 2020

Hi,

I want to be able to see the nfd-logs hen I perform ndnping or ndnperf on
the node.
I have made the following modifications to the nfd.conf in /etc/ndn
(default_level INFO
Forwarder TRACE)
As explained here
<https://www.lists.cs.ucla.edu/pipermail/nfd-dev/2018-September/003387.html>,
when I do the following

   1. sudo start nfd &> nfd.log &

*I only see nfd start/running, process 75093 in the log. Even with all the
   successful ndnperf downloads or ndnpings. This made me think that probably
   I need to explicitly specify the nfd.conf which led to 2.*
   2. sudo start nfd -c /etc/ndn/nfd.conf > nfd.log &

*start: invalid option: -c nfd starts but doesn't take in the config file
   command*
   3. sudo nfd -c /etc/ndn/nfd.conf > nfd.log & (from here)
   <https://named-data.net/doc/NFD/current/manpages/nfd.html>

*1587058707.444119 DEBUG: [Forwarder] onIncomingInterest face=259
   interest=/localhost/nfd/faces/events/%FE%04   what():  Error in setting
   interest filter (/localhost/nfd): Internal implementation error
   (Validator/policy did not invoke success or failure callback)
   1587058707.444167 DEBUG: [Forwarder] onContentStoreMiss
   interest=/localhost/nfd/faces/events/%FE%04*

Can anyone point out what I might be doing wrong? How can I have a verbose
look at the nfd-log?
I have the entire log from number 3 if anyone needs to see it.

Regards,
Ishita Dasgupta