[Nfd-dev] [EXT]Re: Update on NDNCERT protocol

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Tue Apr 7 09:13:20 PDT 2020

Hi Zhiyi

Comments on revision 46ac667.
There are still a few writing issues, but I don't see major crypto issues.
I'll soon send off a translated version to a crypto expert for analysis.
Other than this protocol, it's time to start another document(s) to specify
each of the common challenges.

*Terminology*
"the TLV encoding of integer, string, and bytes all follow NDN TLV
encoding", but none of these encodings is specified on the linked page.
This is the third time I point out the same problem, and it's still not
fixed.

In "we call /example/alice a child namespace", "child" should be "sub".

*CA profile*
"The profile is kept in a Data packet" is inaccurate, because the CA
profile could be segmented.
It should say: The CA profile is published in Data packets as a segmented
object following NDN naming conventions.

"A CA INFO Data packet" should be "CA profile Data packets".

*PROBE step*
In the example, URI representation of ParametersSha256DigestComponent is
incorrect.
In the example, Data name does not satisfy Interest name.

*TLV-TYPE numbers*
These should appear at the end of the document, not in each section.
I don't see where 'challenges' TLV-TYPE (0x99) is used in the protocol.