[Nfd-dev] NFD Packets Priority

Yuanhao Wu wu.yuanh at husky.neu.edu
Fri Sep 20 12:54:16 PDT 2019

Dear all,
I am a Phd Student from NEU working on NDN network, and our group is now
implementing a forwarding and caching strategy on NFD. In the Strategy, we
will send some special interest and data packets to exchange control
information. Therefore, we want to control the priority of interest and
data packets in NFD to process the control packets first. Specifically, I
want to build two queues in NFD, one for control packets and one for common
packets and the program will always process the control packet queue first
until it's empty. However, I don't know how to implement this. I think
there is congestion control in NFD, which probably needs to prioritize
packets too, am I right? If you are experienced in this, could you please
tell us how to do the packets  priority?
Best regards.
Yuanhao Wu