[Nfd-dev] NDN Testbed nginx mystery

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Wed Sep 11 12:42:31 PDT 2019

Hi John

There's no "security hole" in Ubuntu 16.04's nginx, as long as you
regularly update all system packages via `sudo apt full-upgrade`.
Canonical Inc backports security patches for recent vulnerabilities. You
can see them here:
http://changelogs.ubuntu.com/changelogs/pool/main/n/nginx/nginx_1.10.3-0ubuntu0.16.04.4/changelog

To minimize problems, do not upgrade between Ubuntu package source and
nginx package server https://nginx.org/en/linux_packages.html#Ubuntu
Instead, delete the old packages with `sudo apt purge nginx`, and then
install new packages normally.

Yours, Junxiao