[Nfd-dev] tcpdump rejecting ndn packets

Ishita Dasgupta ishita.dasgupta at gmail.com
Fri Oct 4 10:23:52 PDT 2019

*tcpdump -i eth1 host 173.16.1.2 and port 6363 and ether proto 0x8624 -vvv*
OUTPUT: tcpdump expression rejects all packets
WHEREAS
*tcpdump -i eth1 host 173.16.1.2 and port 6363 and ether proto 0x0800 -vvv*
OUTPUT: I do see UDP packets of type 0x0800 (only thing running on the eth1
interface at this point are ndnping pings)

Any other tcpdump on eth1 shows ONLY the udp traces and no ndn traces (with
or without above filters).

Regards,
Ishita Dasgupta