[Nfd-dev] tcpdump rejecting ndn packets

Ishita Dasgupta ishita.dasgupta at gmail.com
Thu Oct 3 13:29:00 PDT 2019

Hi All,
I have a docker that runs nfd 0.6.1 and has a route to its host over UDP
and ethernet interface, say, eth1.
I am trying to capture tcpdump (version 4.9.2) packets hoping to see NDN
packets while ndnping runs in background. I can only see 0x0800 type
packets but no 0x8624 packets.
If I explicitly add filter to tcpdump to look for UDP port 6363 packets
over eth1 and type 0x8624, I see: *tcpdump: expression rejects all packets*
Interestingly if I am performing the same thing on the host machine, I can
observe packets of type 0x8624.
Has anybody come across this or has an idea why this happens?

Regards,
Ishita Dasgupta