[Nfd-dev] How to use NFD to set up a AD-HOC

Davide Pesavento davidepesa at gmail.com
Thu Nov 21 23:17:39 PST 2019

On Thu, Nov 21, 2019 at 9:35 PM 郑小辉 via Nfd-dev
<nfd-dev at lists.cs.ucla.edu> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We want to use nfd's ad-hoc mode to try to transfer some files in ubuntu.I noticed in the developer guide that we need to modify the configuration file to activate the ad-hoc mode.

That's correct, set "mcast_ad_hoc yes" in nfd.conf to force NFD to
treat all multicast faces as ad hoc.

> I have a few questions:
> Q1:
>  how do I know which face is in ad-hoc mode?

All multicast faces will be in ad hoc mode once you've enabled it in
the configuration file. You can also check the output of `nfdc face
list`.

> Need me to use "nfdc face create" command to create adhoc face?

No, that's not supported. But it's also unnecessary because multicast
and ad hoc faces will be created automatically by NFD.

> Q2:
>
> How do i create routes via wireless ad-hoc faces with 'nfdc route add' command. I used to use ether face. So I don't know the specific parameter settings.

The syntax to add a route is the same: `nfdc route add <prefix> <faceid>`

Davide