[Nfd-dev] Push the Deployment of NDNCERT

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Tue Nov 19 09:59:01 PST 2019

Hi Hunter

It is dangerous to run a networked process, such as ndncert-ca-server, as
root.
This also has nothing to do with whether op_yufeng can write to the
relevant directory.

The proper solution is:

   1. Create /var/lib/ndn/ndncert-ca directory, owned by 'ndn' user.
   2. ndncert-ca-server runs as 'ndn' user.
   3. In systemd unit file, set HOME environment variable to
   /var/lib/ndn/ndncert-ca . Reference: ndnpingserver systemd unit file
   <https://github.com/named-data/ndn-tools/blob/2cd6ae8495861416f90428ef9e59c2ec380a37f2/systemd/ndn-ping-server.service.in#L30>
   .
   4. Import the CA key to the KeyChain located in  /var/lib/ndn/ndncert-ca
   . Whenever you access this KeyChain, you should impersonate as 'ndn' user
   using a command line like `sudo HOME=/var/lib/ndn/ndncert-ca -u ndn ndnsec
   list -c`. Never access this KeyChain as root or any other user.

Yours, Junxiao