[Nfd-dev] Try NDNCERT (based on Interest-Data exchange) and get an NDN certificate today

Alex Afanasyev aa at cs.fiu.edu
Fri Nov 15 10:20:32 PST 2019

I'm not sure what you want me to approve here.  What Junxiao suggested is installing stuff in your home folder and running stuff from there.  There is no affect of anything (just make sure you don't use sudo anywhere to accidentially overwrite anything in other places).

Long time ago I also suggested simply making a docker app for that. This way you wouldn't be restricted of what version you're running (and don't need to waste time to recomplie code).

-
Alex

> On Nov 15, 2019, at 9:47 AM, Junxiao Shi <shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu> wrote:
>
> Hi Alex
>
> Can you approve this plan?
> Install a newer version of ndn-cxx in $HOME/usr.
> Compile ndncert with this version.
> Run ndncert with this version.
>
> Yours, Junxiao
>
> On Wed, Nov 13, 2019 at 6:59 PM Zhiyi Zhang <zhiyi at cs.ucla.edu <mailto:zhiyi at cs.ucla.edu>> wrote:
> Hi Junxiao,
>
> I don't know whether I can update the deployment because the server is now running over Spurs.
> Let me ask Alex about this. I need to make sure the new deployment will not affect anything that are running now.
>
> @Alex what do you think of Junxiao's suggestion?
>
> Best,
> Zhiyi
>
> On Wed, Nov 13, 2019 at 2:46 AM Junxiao Shi <shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu <mailto:shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu>> wrote:
> Hi Zhiyi
>
> Can you update the deployment with that?
>
> Hint: if you need a different ndn-cxx version than what SPURS has, you can do so with user-scope installation.
> 1. Set --prefix to $HOME/usr while compiling ndn-cxx
> 2. Set PKG_CONFIG_PATH to $HOME/usr/lib/pkgconfig while compiling ndncert
> 3. Set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to $HOME/usr/lib while running ndncert
>
> Yours, Junxiao

Alex Afanasyev
Assistant Professor, SCIS, Florida International University
11200 SW 8th Street, PG6 Room 140D, Miami, FL 33199
phone: +1.305.348.4960 (office); email: aa at cs.fiu.edu
web: https://users.cs.fiu.edu/~afanasyev/