[Nfd-dev] Try NDNCERT (based on Interest-Data exchange) and get an NDN certificate today

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Mon Nov 4 20:24:53 PST 2019

Hi Zhiyi

I'm trying to deploy a CA but the instructions do not work.
Software version is
https://github.com/Zhiyi-Zhang/ndncert/tree/3b9a2501d60e90ec33845e021a500a9820bf9050
with ndn-cxx 0.6.6.
The config file is written exactly as given in the instructions
<https://github.com/named-data/ndncert/wiki/NDNCERT-CA-Instructions#setup-ndn-testbed-ca>
.

sunny at sunny5:~/code/ndncert$ ndnsec-ls-identity
* /example
sunny at sunny5:~/code/ndncert$ cat ~/ndn.ca.conf
{
  "ca-list":
  [
    {
        "ca-prefix": "/example",
        "issuing-freshness": "720",
        "validity-period": "360",
        "ca-info": "My Personal CA",
        "supported-challenges":
        [
            { "type": "PIN" }
        ]
    }
  ]
}
sunny at sunny5:~/code/ndncert$ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=build
build/bin/ndncert-ca-server -c ~/ndn.ca.conf
'boost::exception_detail::clone_impl<boost::exception_detail::error_info_injector<boost::property_tree::ptree_bad_path>
>'
  what():  No such node (ca-prefix)
Aborted (core dumped)

Yours, Junxiao