[Nfd-dev] [EXTERNAL] Re: minor suggestion regarding prefix matching logging in NFD

Lan Wang (lanwang) lanwang at memphis.edu
Thu Mar 28 09:07:44 PDT 2019

Fred,

Thank you very much for the feedback.  I think both are excellent points.  Could you file the corresponding redmine issues?

Lan

On Mar 27, 2019, at 4:18 PM, Fred Douglis <fdouglis at perspectalabs.com<mailto:fdouglis at perspectalabs.com>> wrote:

That's an excellent point, in terms of the producer having a bug here.

But, I stand by my comment that it would be helpful for NFD to flag the bug when it's encountered.  Here, it's outputting something that says "hey, I got a match on a prefix".  That's presumably because until it does that lookup, it doesn't know if there is something in the PIT that says that prefixes are OK.  So I'm simply suggesting that when it does that lookup and finds something, it includes a debug message to the effect that it's being ignored because the thing that matched specified that prefix matches weren't OK.

Lots of stuff gets logged in NFD.  This seems like the sort of logging message that would be useful, IMHO.

Fred