[Nfd-dev] Please, help us with the developing of XBee transport in the NFD

Oscar Jaime Ciceri Coral oscarcicericoral at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 17:19:31 PDT 2019

Thank you very much for your fast answer.

We found the error "basic_string::_M_construct null not valid". It was the
XBee construct in the XBee factory.

Now the NFD is starting; however, we have a problem to add the XBee
parameters in the nfd.conf file. When we modified the nfd.conf  in the
path  /usr/local/etc/ndn/nfd.conf with the following lines:

  xbee
  {
    listen yes ;  set to 'no' to disable XBee listener, default 'yes'
     idle_timeout 600   ; Time (in seconds) before closing an idle XBee
face (10 minutes).
    bcast yes ; set to 'no' to disable XBee broadcast, default 'yes'
    bcast_group FFFF ; XBee broadcast address
    bcast_ad_hoc no ; set to 'yes' to make all XBee multicast faces "ad
hoc", default 'no'
    serialPort ttyUSB0 ; XBee listener serial port type
    baudRate 9600 ; Symbol Rate in the serial port, depends on the XBee
configuration
    ; By default, all interfaces are whitelisted.
    whitelist
    {
      *
    }
    blacklist
    {
    }
 }

The following error appears after start the NFD:
NFD version 0.6.4-commit-d2c9cc3 starting
Built with GNU C++ version 5.4.0 20160609, with GNU libstdc++ version
20160609, with Boost version 1.58.0, with libpcap version 1.7.4, with
WebSocket++ version 0.8.1, with ndn-cxx version 0.6.3-commit-911ec7e

Do we need to modified other file in the NFD to be accept the XBee
configurations?