[Nfd-dev] NLSR/NFD Issue on the Testbed

Ashlesh Gawande (agawande) agawande at memphis.edu
Wed Mar 13 13:36:35 PDT 2019

NLSR uses ndn-cxx CertificateFetcherDirectFetch to send the interest for the certificate, which sends two interests:

1) Direct interest with face id tag

2) To the network w/o face id tag

(https://github.com/named-data/ndn-cxx/blob/2c1d349bdb9a1f7b2a0b07ea11e6f24650bde6cd/ndn-cxx/security/v2/certificate-fetcher-direct-fetch.cpp#L63)

Maybe there should be an option to disable the network interest by the application (relevant description here: https://redmine.named-data.net/issues/4718).

Also, the forwarder does not dispatch the interests that have nexthop face id to the strategy:

https://github.com/named-data/NFD/blob/c70794810592a90847656a97caf27f0326668240/daemon/fw/forwarder.cpp#L194

So only reason ASF gets the interest is because CertificateFetcherDirectFetch sends an additional interest to network w/o the nexthopfaceid tag.

Ashlesh