[Nfd-dev] NLSR/NFD Issue on the Testbed

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Tue Mar 12 09:06:27 PDT 2019

Hi John

> For the first Interest which comes from NLSR, if I understand right, NLSR
> includes information to force this
> interest out the face that the LSA came in on. There is no FIB entry yet
> for /ndn/edu/memphis/…

Now this starts to make sense. There's no FIB entry during both Interests.
The first Interest was forwarded with NextHopFaceId.

When the Interest then comes in from BASEL, there is still no FIB entry for
> the name /ndn/edu/memphis/…  , right?

The second Interest was Nacked by ASF due to no FIB entry, i.e. the first
condition.

So, is the lack of a FIB entry at this point causing the NACK? And if so,
> why could that NACK also clear the PIT entry for the NLSR sent Interest?

Nack normally does not delete the PIT entry, since it's still waiting on
face 278 to respond. ASF explicitly deletes the PIT entry by invoking
Strategy::rejectPendingInterest, because it thinks the Interest cannot be
satisfied.
This indicates ASF cannot effectively accommodate a runtime strategy
change: it would delete a PIT entry after another strategy (or
NextHopFaceId in this case) has forwarded the Interest.
I'll leave this to ASF designers to decide whether this is a strategy bug.