[Nfd-dev] A Potential Conflict in Developer Guide about FIB Entry's NextHop Collection

Ju Pan pjokk722 at email.arizona.edu
Fri Jul 5 09:16:12 PDT 2019

Hi Junxiao,

Thanks for your clarification.

So, for FIB entry with a non-zero length name, it's supposed to have a
non-empty nexthop collection right?

Please forgive me bringing up a separate issue here. In issue 4931
(aka async-strategy) (https://redmine.named-data.net/issues/4931), If
there is already a nexthop in the FIB entry (I guess the FIB entry
here should have a non-empty name?), shouldn't we forward the Interest
directly to that nexthop instead of retaining it? So based on my
understanding, the issue should be "Transmit pending Interests upon
FIB entry insertion". That is, we retain the PIT entry only when there
is no FIB entry matching.

Correct me if I was wrong. Thanks.

Regards,
Ju