[Nfd-dev] How to calculate the Interest limit in NFD environment rather than ndnSIM

mengxue mengxue_1224 at 126.com
Mon Dec 30 02:04:20 PST 2019

Hi, all,
     Thank you very much for your reading!
     Recently, I meet with some troubles in developing an NDN application based on NFD and ndn-cxx. Assume that there are two nodes connected to each other in the topology, and the link capacity of link between the two nodes can be expressed as Interest limit, which can be formalized as "Interest limit = Bandwidth * Delay / Data packet size" shown as the paper "Interest Flooding Attack and Countermeasures in Named Data Networking".  Such Interest limit can be used to limit the number of Interests sent through the face connected on the link.

    In the simulations based on ndnSIM, the “Bandwidth” between the two nodes can be obtained from the topology file. However, in the real NFD environment, two NFD are connected over UDP and the connection between the two NFD is more complex. I am wondering how to obtain the link capacity/Interest limit in the real NFD enviroment rather than ndnSIM, or whether there are similar/equivalent measures in the NFD that are more suitable to describe the link capacity of link between the two NFD.
    I will greatly appreciate it if you can help me solve this problem. Look forward to your reply. Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Xue Meng