[Nfd-dev] [Mini-NDN] maximun erasable entries for CS (nfdc cs erase)

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Tue Sep 25 14:47:55 PDT 2018

Hi Aman

nfdc cs erase command currently maps to cs/erase
<https://redmine.named-data.net/projects/nfd/wiki/CsMgmt/17> command.

A forwarder MAY impose a non-zero upper bound on *Count*. If *Count* in a
request exceeds the upper bound (including when it is omitted, i.e. "no
limit"), the forwarder acts as if *Count* was set to the upper bound.

This is why you can only erase 256 entries each time.

https://redmine.named-data.net/issues/4744 is to add a loop within nfdc cs
erase command, so that you can erase as many entries as you want without
blocking the forwarder.
You are welcomed to contribute this feature.

Yours, Junxiao