[Nfd-dev] A question about data return pathways

Anthony Dowling dowlinah at clarkson.edu
Tue Mar 13 11:05:36 PDT 2018

Hello all,

I am wondering about the way data can return to a consumer. More
specifically, what happens to the PIT entry when a data packet comes back
to NFD through the same face that the interest came through? I have a
configuration where there are two unicast UDP faces, and an interest comes
from one of them (face A) and then gets relayed to the other face (face B).
If data for that interest is returned to NFD through face A, what happens
to it? Would there be a way to have the data be routed to face B for
delivery to other devices, rather than simply disappearing? After reading
some of the Developer's guide, I am still at a loss as to what happens,
exactly, and how I could make the system work in the desired manner.

Thanks,
Anthony Dowling