[Nfd-dev] the impact of cs_size on NFD tool,chunks

小杰许 xujunjie1221 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 18:19:41 PDT 2018

The topology is like  two clients(without cs)---one NFDrouter(with
cs)----server(without cs).

And I set the cs_size of NFDrouter from 1000 to 5000.
(1000,2000,3000,4000,5000).

the command on the server is

ndnputchunks -v /ndn < /home/b/panda.avi

(here panda.avi is a clip of video, it's 20Mb)

the command on the client is

ndncatchunks -v /ndn.

I run one of the consumer first, after it finished, I run another one.

the goodput of the first consumer is 5Mbit/s, the second one is random,
sometimes higher than 5Mbit/s,and sometimes lower than 5Mbit/s. I think
with the cache in the middle NFDtouter, the goodput of the second client
could be better all the time, but it's not.

And with the increase of the cs_size, there is not linear change of the
clients' goodput.

BTW, the ndncatchunks in the collapse more than half time when I run, and
with messy code (cause the file is a video?) in the terminal. With the file
(.txt), I got ERROR (retry(3).........).

Yours,
Junjie