[Nfd-dev] Try NDNCERT (based on Interest-Data exchange) and get an NDN certificate today

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Fri Jul 27 13:11:24 PDT 2018

Hi Zhiyi

I recommend you to work with your local operator to create a permanent face
and a static route.
UCLA's operators are Zhenkai Zhu <zhenkai at cs.ucla.edu>, Derek Kulinski <
takeda at takeda.tk>, as indicated on
https://ndnpub.caida.org/bin/view/NDN/TechnicalContacts

If you are using register-prefix-cmd
<https://github.com/yoursunny/ndn6-tools/blob/master/register-prefix-cmd.md>
with
a UDP face, you should run a script in a cron job every minutes, to
re-register the prefix and keep the face alive. Additionally, you can use
the ndnping client to keep the face alive.
Otherwise, when the router detects your UDP face to be idle for about 10
minutes, it closes the face. The route is automatically removed when the
face disappears, even if it is not yet expired.

Yours, Junxiao