[Nfd-dev] NFD-Android UDP Multicast Disalbed

Ju Pan pjokk722 at email.arizona.edu
Mon Aug 13 10:23:38 PDT 2018

Hi folks,

I am thinking of implementing UDP multicast feature for NFD-Android, but I
saw this code block in the project source code: nfd-wrapper.cpp
<https://github.com/named-data-mobile/NFD-android/blob/27f43393b2fd2c6274055348754711828e200c74/app/src/main/jni/nfd-wrapper.cpp#L78-L81>.
It says the udp multicast disabled. I am wondering if the feature has
already been implemented but disabled for some reason or the feature has
not been implemented at all?

- If the feature was implemented already, is there any simple way to turn
it on? And can I know why you disable it for now?

- If the feature was not implemented at all, can I know the reason you
didn't do that? As far as I know, Android device does support multicast
functionality now.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Ju