[Nfd-dev] Question about setting strategy parameters

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Tue Nov 28 10:24:51 PST 2017

Hi Klaus

You can specify strategy parameters as part of the strategy instance name,
after the version component.
Right now, the MEMPHIS router is configured with this strategy instance
name: /localhost/nfd/strategy/asf/%FD%02/n-silent-timeouts%3D2
This activates the ASF strategy, and passes version number "2" and
parameter 6e 2d 73 69 6c 65 6e 74 2d 74 69 6d 65 6f 75 74 73 3d 32 to the
strategy.
Remember that version number must be encoded according to the name
convention, and parameters are binary (they could look like ASCII/JSON/etc,
depending on how the strategy is implemented).

Yours, Junxiao