[Nfd-dev] Possibility to create unicast face inside forwarding strategy

Teng Liang philoliang at email.arizona.edu
Tue Nov 28 10:01:38 PST 2017

Hi Mahyuddin,

On Sat, Nov 25, 2017 at 10:25 PM, Mahyuddin Husairi <mahyuddin at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello everybody.
>
> I need your opinion about enabling forwarding strategy to create face. At
> least unicast face (raw ethernet or udp) for dynamic unicast face features
> in my NDN based MANET solution.
>
> 1. What is the possible dirty hack way to enable it? AFAIK, to create
> face, it is part of NFD management protocol API. Is that possible to access
> that API just like face-module.cpp in NFD tools?
>
> 2. Or is there any better way to implement it?

There should be two possible ways to create a face in a forwarding
strategy: utilizing face manager or directly manipulating face system. To
use face manager for face creation, you can take a look on
tests/daemon/mgmt/face-manager-create-face.t.cpp. The face manager is
designed to allow a different party to alter NFD forwarder states. However,
a forwarding strategy is part of a forwarder, I see no reason why it cannot
manipulate the face system directly. Thus, you could take a look on how
face manager uses face system on face creation, and do similar stuff.

Teng