[Nfd-dev] Some questions about the dissertation of Junxiao Shi.

jinyangl at mail.ustc.edu.cn jinyangl at mail.ustc.edu.cn
Mon Nov 27 01:12:58 PST 2017

Hello everyone,

Recently, I read Junxiao Shi’s dissertation “Named Data Networking in Local Area Networks”. But, I have a lot of questions after reading.

First of all, the article mentioned that Data includes meta information on page 22. I found one of meta information is contentType, and it
specifically refers to what? If this is the case: NDN have categorized each type of content, and each type has a contentType to identify. I use ndnputchunks3/ndncatchunks3 to tranmit some content(files and videos), but found that all the contentTypes are 0.

Second question:on page 32 of the dissertation, "As well as collected measurements about recent data retrievals by Interests sharing,a common
prefix. The latter, measurements about recent retrievals, are collected by the strategy by observing the outcome of forwarded Interests to each
next hop,….”. where are these measurements stored? Can I find the corresponding position in the NFD code?

My third question, I'm very interested in the broadcast-based self-learning mentioned in Chapter 4. but I did not find this strategy in daemon/fw
(I also did some experimentation, creating face on the NFD using nfdc create face, and not give specific prefix to register ). I don’t know whether
I find the right position, or that has not yet been achieved it in NFD?

Yours Jinyang

jinyangl at mail.ustc.edu.cn