[Nfd-dev] Debuggin with gdb/lldb

Md Ashiqur Rahman marahman at email.arizona.edu
Sat Nov 11 11:05:52 PST 2017

Hello Alex,

I am working on a macOS VM. My unit test for NFD compiles correctly.
However, I get a runtime error when running the test suit. So I wanted to
check where the error occurs. I tried the following:

*> sudo gdb build/unit-tests-daemon*
*> (gdb) r -t Face/TestMulticastUdpTransport*

This just runs through the test suit same as performing regular
*./build/unit-tests-daemon
-t Face/TestMulticastUdpTransport*. The error only shows an *unknown
location:0:* and a "*Last Checkpoint*" of the test file which does not help
at finding the exact line where the error occurs.

The error message:

unknown location:0: fatal error: in
"Face/TestMulticastUdpTransport/ReceiveMultipleRemoteEndpoints<nfd__face__tests__IpTransportFixture<nfd__face__tests__MulticastUdpTransportFixture,_(nfd__face__tests__AddressFamily)2,_(nfd__face__tests__AddressScope)2,_(nfd__face__tests__MulticastInterface)1>>":
boost::exception_detail::clone_impl<boost::exception_detail::error_info_injector<boost::system::system_error>
>: set_option: Can't assign requested address
../tests/daemon/face/multicast-udp-transport.t.cpp:74: last checkpoint:
"ReceiveMultipleRemoteEndpoints" entry.

Regards-
Ashiq