[Nfd-dev] NDN for Raspberry Pi

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Thu Mar 30 14:36:05 PDT 2017

Hi Marzieh

Your machine is running Raspbian jessie. You are attempting to add a Ubuntu
PPA.
The Ubuntu PPA only supports Ubuntu systems, but Raspbian is not Ubuntu,
hence the error.

If feasible, you can reinstall your machine with Ubuntu MATE, which is a
Ubuntu flavor that works well on the Pi. Ubuntu MATE can be installed
through berryboot.
My desktop is a RPi3 and I installed NFD from PPA on Ubuntu MATE
successfully.

Alternatively, you can compile ndn-cxx and NFD source code on Raspbian.
On RPi3 with Raspbian Lite (no PIXEL desktop) this will take several hours,
but can complete correctly.

Yours, Junxiao