[Nfd-dev] Ethernet unicast faces

D'Acunto, L. (Lucia) lucia.dacunto at tno.nl
Fri Mar 24 09:48:37 PDT 2017

Hi Alex, Davide, all,
I have a question about Ethernet unicast faces in NDN for usage in Wifi ad-hoc.
Do you have plans to re-implement Ethernet Unicast faces? we just discovered that was removed and NFD only offers Ethernet Multicast faces for now. For our ICN-IoT with WiFi Ad-hoc project this is a bit of a problem, since we want to retransmit on the same WiFi interface (which again is disabled in the dissemination strategy for Ethernet Multicast faces), and want to use the source and destination MAC address to respectively indicate who should be the next hop to retransmit the Data object and Interest.

We would appreciate your help (or work arounds) with this retransmission problem.

Thanks!
Lucia

Lucia D'Acunto, PhD
Research Scientist
Media Networking

T +31 (0)88 866 71 37
M +31 (0)64 696 60 10
E lucia.dacunto at tno.nl<mailto:lucia.dacunto at tno.nl>

[cid:image001.gif at 01D2A4C6.C37EE980]<http://www.tno.nl/>

TNO | New Babylon | Anna van Buerenplein 1, 2595DA,  The Hague, The Netherlands