[Nfd-dev] Structured names and readable timestamp

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Thu Jun 22 15:33:02 PDT 2017

Hi Adhy

Yes, the NDN packet format does not require the payload to be encrypted, so you can certainly put these information as plaintext in the payload.
It’s a bit worrisome as routers are going to inspect the payload, but it’s too early to conclude that as “evil” yet, as putting them in NDNLP is not necessarily better given these fields are end-to-end.

Yours, Junxiao