[Nfd-dev] NFD Boost Logging

Damian Matthew Coomes (dmcoomes) dmcoomes at memphis.edu
Mon Jun 5 09:07:57 PDT 2017

NDN Community,

I was looking through NFD's version of boost logging and I would like some clarification. Although I do see that NFD uses ndn-cxx's setDestination and flush functions directly, the functions contained in the logger and the logger factory files seem mostly to be redefinitions of those in ndn-cxx. Chronosync, on the other hand, uses ndn-cxx's logging directly. What was the reason for NFD's way of handling loggers? Was it done so you could have more control over NFD's loggers? One issue that I have run into with implementing ndn-cxx's boost logging in NLSR is filtering the loggers to only display logs from NLSR. For instance if I use setLevel("*", ndn::util::Loglevel::DEBUG), it will log from modules in ndn-cxx and chronosync as well. Is this why NFD has declared its own set of loggers?

Thanks,

Damian