[Nfd-dev] Restricting local prefix registrations

Andres Calderon Jaramillo andrescj at mail.colostate.edu
Sat Jul 15 23:56:20 PDT 2017

Hi,

I'm trying to restrict which applications can register prefixes with the
local NFD. I modified my localhost_security section to look like this:

localhost_security
{
   rule
   {
     id "Restrictive Prefix Registration Command Rule"
     for interest
     filter
     {
       type name
     }
     checker
     {
       type fixed-signer
       sig-type rsa-sha256
       signer
       {
           type file
           file-name "keys/andrescj.ndncert"
       }
     }
   }
}

I restarted NFD. Then, in my application (which uses jNDN), I have the
following:

face.setCommandSigningInfo(kc, new
Name("/andrescj/KEY/ksk-1497484873352/ID-CERT"));
face.registerPrefix(new Name("/test"), this, this);

Unfortunately, I always get the following error:

INFO: Register prefix failed: Expected NFD status code 200, got: 403

I have verified that the certificate
/andrescj/KEY/ksk-1497484873352/ID-CERT and the file
/etc/ndn/keys/andrescj.ndncert are identical (I used ndnsec cert-dump).
Even when I use the ALL log level, NFD's log file does not seem to show
where the authorization process is failing.

Am I doing something wrong? Or, is there a better way to see more
details on where exactly the interest validation is failing?

Thanks!

Andres