[Nfd-dev] some questions when running example in ndn-cxx

jinyangl at mail.ustc.edu.cn jinyangl at mail.ustc.edu.cn
Wed Jul 12 07:34:56 PDT 2017

We have some problems when we are installing ndn-cxx (Building from Source)  and NFD (PPA) on bananapi R1(a device similar to Raspberry, but better performance)
OS version: 2017-05-09-ubuntu-16.04-mate-nodered-ros-tensorflow-preview-bpi-m1-m1p-r1-sd-16GB
linux kernel version: 3.4.114-sun7i.
Step 1:
We want to configure ndn-cxx throught following method :
¡­¡­.
cd ndn-cxx/
./waf configure ¨Cwith-examples ¨Cboost-lib=/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf
./waf
./waf install
sudo ldconfig
¡­¡­..
(There is no error in this step)

Step 2:
We install NFD Using the NDN PPA Repository on bananapi R1
¡­..
sudo apt-get install software-properties-common
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:named-data/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install nfd
¡­..
And then ,we can start up NFD successfully:
nfd-start
nfd-status(it will have some codes on screen,please see appendix)

Step 3:
We want to run some examples in ndn-cxx document,so we configure examples :
¡­
cd ndn-cxx/
./waf configure ¨Cwith-examples ¨Cboost-lib=/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf
./waf
./waf install
sudo ldconfig
¡­..
(There is no error in this step)
Step 4 :
To run examples:
¡­¡­
cd /ndn-cxx/build/examples
./producer
(There is no error in this step, And then open a another command line interface to run ./consumer)

./consumer(and sudo ./consumer)
Unfortunately,it occur some fault in this step  on the screen:
./consumer: symbol lookup error: ./consumer: undefined symbol:
_ZN3ndn8InterestC1ERKNS_4NameEN5boost6chrono8durationIxNS4_5ratioILx1ELx1000EEEEE

Why?
Do you know what's going on????

I thank that is because that I configure /ndn-cxx/examples through the order ¨Cboost-lib=/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf, wheather if NFD can not identify the executable program throught this method ?
But But how can i solve this problem?

jinyangl at mail.ustc.edu.cn