[Nfd-dev] Expiration time of the RIB entry at the NDN nodes

Lee, Jongdeog jlee700 at illinois.edu
Tue Jan 31 10:06:30 PST 2017

Hi Junxiao,

  Thanks for your reply. Regarding your answers and questions,

1.Which node did the prefix disappear from?
-> I am talking about the Illinois router

2. Is your pingserver constantly receiving Interests, or is it mostly idle?
-> It is mostly idle, especially between night and morning. And I guess the prefix disappeared during this period.

3. If the face has disappeared or FaceId has changed, this indicates there has been no traffic (registration packets or Data) from the producer end host for longer than face_system.udp.idle_timeout<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__github.com_named-2Ddata_NFD_blob_c31080d47048eb2598f0f491655d1e6f26d0fa05_nfd.conf.sample.in-23L116&d=DwMFaQ&c=8hUWFZcy2Z-Za5rBPlktOQ&r=Z7ZyWHGeVXO4-LRL2FeI1ZE8d269MMOL_mjEf1LVJpE&m=QsMzIxn98Vt7BO3MepBiqT6g2quOqTeIw23Q-0lCcLk&s=mNxokWfPAvrTHE3OnaoZz1lMK5JfgL9nbs6ufPSdP44&e=>.
-> Yes. I suspect this case. Let me check auto propagation log as your advice.

  So I guess if the pingserver is not idle, the prefix at the Illinois node would not be expired, right?

Best wishes,
Jongdeog Lee (JD)

Ph.D. Student
Department of Computer Science