[Nfd-dev] The way of updating routers' FIB after handover

Lixia Zhang lixia at CS.UCLA.EDU
Mon Jan 2 08:54:41 PST 2017

> On Jan 2, 2017, at 5:25 AM, bmohammadi <bmohammadi at ce.sharif.edu> wrote:
>
> Dear NDN Researchers,
>
> I am working on mobility in Named Data Networks. For Simulation I need to know the exact mechanism of NDN when
> producer moves and handover occurs. Actually I need to khow what happens when a producer detaches from a router
> and attaches to a new one and how routers' FIB will be updated after that event in order to send interest packets to the new location of producer.  I would be grateful whether you could answer my question.

There are several ways to support NDN producer mobility, as summarized in the paper "A Survey of Mobility Support in Named Data Networking"
https://named-data.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/survey_mobility_support_ndn.pdf <https://named-data.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/survey_mobility_support_ndn.pdf>

At this time, I believe that people are experimenting with a few of the approaches, for example the "Interest with hint" idea (see Table II in the paper) is used by NDNfit.

Since you are working on NDN mobility, wonder exactly what you plan to do?

Lixia