[Nfd-dev] Validator callbacks

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Tue Aug 8 13:02:45 PDT 2017

Hi Anthony

I suggest not to invest your time on ValidatorConfig because the whole v1
Validator framework is deprecated and is to be removed soon. Pending
changes: https://gerrit.named-data.net/3648
https://gerrit.named-data.net/3639 . The replacement is not backwards
compatible. Function names look similar, but parameters and semantics are
all different.

Security in ndn-cxx is currently a mess and this situation has been ongoing
for 4 months already. You'd better wait for the above changes to complete
before trying to integrate security into your apps. I estimate the above
changes need another 2 months.

Yours, Junxiao