[Nfd-dev] How to physically separate FIB and PIT ?

Ilya Moiseenko iliamo at mailbox.org
Thu Apr 20 22:25:01 PDT 2017

Hi NFD developers,
I insert 10K to 1M FIB entries in NFD for some performance tests related to FIB lookup speed. As a result PIT lookups become proportionally slower to the FIB size, which prevents me from getting correct results. I noticed that PIT and FIB physically share the same data structure - NameTree, and tried to allocate secondary nameTree and feed it to PIT. Unfortunately, it seems that there is an additional interplay between PIT, FIB, StrategyChoice, Measurements which results in NFD termination once I pass Interest/Data through it.

Does anyone have an idea how to disintegrate PIT and FIB ? I don’t really need Measurement and StrategyChoice in working condition.

Thanks
Ilya