[Nfd-dev] prefix registration - how long does it take?

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Thu Apr 13 16:35:29 PDT 2017

Hi Peter

Yes, this is normal. A successful response from rib/register command only
means the request is accepted. It doesn't mean all updates are completed.
See https://redmine.named-data.net/issues/2468#note-1 for more information.
Downstream should retransmit its Interests until it reaches upstream. A
sign of prefix registration not yet completed is receiving a Nack-NoRoute